Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic

Ability to change concurrency of a solobot or sidebot via an action.

In the case of a bot needing full control of the in focus window without interference I would like to be able to reduce the number of processes running concurrently on a bot to 1 then when complete resume it back to 10 or whatever other appropriate number. 

1 person likes this idea

Actually, in one SoloBot (or even a SideBot)  you can run multiple concurrent "bots" (i.e. processes) that each need the foreground window focus - (because they are either "moving the Mouse or using Send Keys") and leave the SoloBot - concurrency level greater than 1.

You make sure to code ALL "Bots" (processes) that need their window in focus (or foreground) to use "Lock Region - actions .. as a company standard.

You standardize on a Naming Standard for the Focus (Foreground Window)  - Lock Name (Text String Handle)"  -  I suggest a Lock Name of "MoveMouse-SendKeys".

Then:  -  Below 2 Bots will time-slice - locking and releasing locking

Bot 1 - Process

... In this section of Bot I do not need focus of a window
 ... non-focus actions - direct element actions

... Now I need to get Focus for a window
 - Lock Region MoveMouse-SendKeys   ... ( Obtain the Lock )

-   Focus Window action   (on Bot 1 - application window)

.       ...  Use Move mouse, send keys ... as needed.
 - End Lock region   .... ( Release the Lock )

Bot 2 - Process
 ... In this section of Bot I do not need focus of a window
 ... non-focus - direct element actions

... Now I need to get Focus for a window
 - Lock Region MoveMouse-SendKeys   ... ( Obtain the Lock )

-  Focus Window action  (on Bot 2 - application window)

....  Use Move mouse, send keys ... as needed.
 - End Lock region   .... ( Release the Lock )

1 person likes this

How does this behave when running bot 2 which does not have mousemove/send key actions but may contain launch actions that launch a window that steals the focus and potentially interrupting the bot in the middle of a send key or find image action?  We minimize the number of send keys by using the clipboard but it still occurs.  I will play with this though, however, my original feature request still stands. as its beneficial not for this process but with processes that might require a higher load as well.  I assume its possible to update the ProcessRobot DB directly to affect these changes? 

1.  Forgot to mention for you to use the Lock Region - Option of "Locker Name - On Robot Locally" as you want the scope of the lock to be scope only of the SoloBot - Robot that the process is running on.  Each SoloBot has its own VM or Virtual Server - Desktop and so each SoloBot should have the Locking Scope restricted itself and not across the entire processrobot environment.

2.  How does this behave when running bot 2 which does not have mousemove/send key actions but may contain launch actions that launch a window that steals the focus and potentially interrupting the bot in the middle of a send key or find image action?

... If Bot 2 is the type of windows desktop app that can "steal the window focus", (or you need to force a focus on a window with an action that allow you to set focus) then code the Lock Region Name into this type of Bot, as well.
... In general, if your not using images, nor sendkeys, nor moving mouse/sending mouse click, then you should be able to leave focus Un-checked on wait for window, and not need to use set focus on window action.
... The Launch browser actions, UI actions and Excel (used without shortcut keys) work on instances.  There are more excel actions that now can eliminate  most need for shortcut keys (sendkeys) and Ribbon buttons/menu items can be activated with the UI actions.

3.   I will play with this though, however, my original feature request still stands. as its beneficial not for this process but with processes that might require a higher load as well.  I assume its possible to update the ProcessRobot DB directly to affect these changes? 

.....   This part of your question will need to be answered by the Softomotive team, as I am now a community forum end-user like yourself.

ADMIN

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and your contribution to this discussion.

Please note that we have forwarded your suggestion to the appropriate department and it will be taken into consideration for future releases of Process Robot.

Login or Signup to post a comment