Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic

Ability to set a bots total allowed to run

I know i can set concurrency of bots to run to 1 but to get them to only run 1 single instance i have to assign it to execute on a single target.  I would like to have the ability to set concurrency to 1, set it to execute in the pool ( in case of machine outage or busy) and set total instances run to 1 so instead of executing 1 on each machine in the pool it executes only 1 on a single machine in the pool.

2 people like this idea

ADMIN

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that we have forwarded your suggestion to the appropriate department and it will be taken into consideration for future releases of Process Robot.

Hi Joseph

You have to edit your process properties, Limit the number of process instances that can run concurrently max instances limit = 1, if limit is reached dont start process and then deploy it to robotpool.

This only limits the number of processing running on a single bot.  so if i have 5 bots and have it limited to 1 there it runs 1 on each of hte 5 bots

Example :

1. You have robotpool with 5 solobot machines inside it.

with this order

robotpool1,robotpool2,robotpool3,robotpool4,robotpool5

2. You create a process A and configure the process A, Limit the number of process instances that can run concurrently max instances limit = 1, if limit is reached dont start process.

3. You create an email trigger to run the process A, set the email trigger  deployment and execution on robotpool.

When the process A running, it will not running on each of the robot pool machine, because it will be rejected based on our configuration on No.2

It will only run on one machine only, and will find available machine on the robotpool list ( in order).

If robotpool1 is available, process A will run on that machine.

If robotpool1 is unavailable,  it will check robotpool2, if robotpool2 is available, process A will run on that machine.

etc

Even with a trigger if a second email triggers the bot it would then have 2 instances running if the first bot had not completed.  I have several bots where this is necessary and have to limit running on a specific machine so it doesn't run all on the pool.  or even a timed bot that if the timer expired and the previous bot has not concluded i would not want it to run.

Login or Signup to post a comment