Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic

Ability to set a bots total allowed to run

I know i can set concurrency of bots to run to 1 but to get them to only run 1 single instance i have to assign it to execute on a single target.  I would like to have the ability to set concurrency to 1, set it to execute in the pool ( in case of machine outage or busy) and set total instances run to 1 so instead of executing 1 on each machine in the pool it executes only 1 on a single machine in the pool.

3 people like this idea

ADMIN

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that we have forwarded your suggestion to the appropriate department and it will be taken into consideration for future releases of Process Robot.

This only limits the number of processing running on a single bot.  so if i have 5 bots and have it limited to 1 there it runs 1 on each of hte 5 bots

Even with a trigger if a second email triggers the bot it would then have 2 instances running if the first bot had not completed.  I have several bots where this is necessary and have to limit running on a specific machine so it doesn't run all on the pool.  or even a timed bot that if the timer expired and the previous bot has not concluded i would not want it to run.

+1  Up

This is a must feature that we need to have inside our control desk.....

Yes, an enhancement to the Control Desk - "Process - Concurrency" is very much needed with the below feature:

-  With a New option of:  "Limit the number of process instances that can run concurrently on a Robot Pool"

.... and with choices of:

"Do Not Run" and  "
Queue Process back into the Robot Pool Queue".

Login or Signup to post a comment