Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Send keys

Hi all, 

I have the problem with Send Keys Action. I have in Send keys variable %OutputKeyStroke% with value  

{SHIFT}{M}{Space}{SHIFT}{E}{SHIFT}{U}{SHIFT}{R}{Space}{Oemplus}{NumPad3}{Oemcomma}{NumPad5}{SHIFT}({D5})

And when I send these keys to the screen I get M EUR *3;5%

My question is why do I get * instead +, and ; instead ,? What is wrong in here?

Thanks!

Matej

Best Answer

Hello Matej.

Please try to group the keys that you want to press concurrently with shift using ( )

Also try to use the build-in syntax of the 'Send Keys' action.

{SHIFT}({M}{Space}{E}{U}{R}){Space}{Add}{NumPad3}{Oemcomma}{NumPad5}{SHIFT}({D5})

If you do not define this properly, sometimes depending on the processing speed of the machine and the delay between keystrokes (if it is too low) some keystrokes are being mixed and outcome with unwanted results.

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Matej.

Please try to group the keys that you want to press concurrently with shift using ( )

Also try to use the build-in syntax of the 'Send Keys' action.

{SHIFT}({M}{Space}{E}{U}{R}){Space}{Add}{NumPad3}{Oemcomma}{NumPad5}{SHIFT}({D5})

If you do not define this properly, sometimes depending on the processing speed of the machine and the delay between keystrokes (if it is too low) some keystrokes are being mixed and outcome with unwanted results.

1 person likes this

Hi, thanks for your advice, I already separate this in two actions and now everything works fine. 

Login or Signup to post a comment