Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Creating folders on Google Drive

Hi folks.

As WA still can't handle pop-up dialog boxes, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to use the Invoke Web Service function to use google's API to 

(1) create folders (specifically \"shared with me"\"blah"\%variable(s)%)

(2)return the URL of that folder

Best Answer

Hi Jon, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

Regarding your inquiry, please note that the google drive API requires a complicated procedure when it comes to authenticating your API calls. It is similar to the multi-factor authentication that google uses for gmail and it requires the use of tokens. Since "invoke web service" is only able to handle "basic" HTTP authentication, it cannot interact with the drive API on its own. You might be able to do it using additional python scripts, which you can run with WinAutomation cmd actions, as mentioned here.

Additionally, let me inform you that whatever you can do with web selectors you can also do with javascript functions. You can make use of the "execute javascript function on web page" and by using build in functions like document.getElementById/ClassName("mySelector").click(), $(selector).dblclick(), interact with the elements you want. There is also a build-in javascript function that returns the current URL dir:

window.location.href

Thanks and best regards!

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hi Jon, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us.

Regarding your inquiry, please note that the google drive API requires a complicated procedure when it comes to authenticating your API calls. It is similar to the multi-factor authentication that google uses for gmail and it requires the use of tokens. Since "invoke web service" is only able to handle "basic" HTTP authentication, it cannot interact with the drive API on its own. You might be able to do it using additional python scripts, which you can run with WinAutomation cmd actions, as mentioned here.

Additionally, let me inform you that whatever you can do with web selectors you can also do with javascript functions. You can make use of the "execute javascript function on web page" and by using build in functions like document.getElementById/ClassName("mySelector").click(), $(selector).dblclick(), interact with the elements you want. There is also a build-in javascript function that returns the current URL dir:

window.location.href

Thanks and best regards!

Login or Signup to post a comment