Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

How to clear web-form before filling values?

In my robot I want to click on 'Edit' in 1st picture which then leads to 2nd picture. In 2nd picture I want to clear all the text already put there and then input some of my own. I am using 'Focus text field' and 'Populate text field' action to do so.

My question is 

1. How can I clear the text before input new text?

2. How can I move a control from its parental control to another parent control?

3. Also how to denote a single cell value from a data table variable obtained from 'Read data from excel' action and using 'Values from a range of cells'?

Thanks in advance

Input.PNG
(56.4 KB)
Edit.PNG
(37.8 KB)

Best Answer

1. Populate Text Field should clear everything in the field before filling with the input.

2. This doesn't sound like something that is very conventient to do. Make more controls, or modify the control.

3. Sounds like you want to loop through the DataTable with a For Each.

Answer

1. Populate Text Field should clear everything in the field before filling with the input.

2. This doesn't sound like something that is very conventient to do. Make more controls, or modify the control.

3. Sounds like you want to loop through the DataTable with a For Each.

1 person likes this

Ok No. 1 is solved

2. Normally instead of 'navigate to page' I use Firefox foreground window to to create %Browser% variable as the link of web page changes for every tender/page I work on. Instead of navigate to page So the desired control need to be under browser variable. Can this be achieved by copying selector and making an empty child control? Sorry I don't have much experience with selectors and also programming.

3. Normally during loop I use %CurrentRow["Column Name"]% variable. But a loop won't serve my purpose here. Sometimes the loop needs to run 2 times then navigate to other web page  sometimes 3 times. Can i specifically denote a cell from a stored data table?

3.  Examples  .... Specify Index number of Cell

%CurrentRow[0]%  %CurrentRow[1]%  ........ 

--- OR --

Index number set in a variable

Set %Col_Indx%  = 3      ..... 1st cell of datatable, is Index = 0

%CurrentRow[Col_Indx]%

1 person likes this
Is it possible to use %ExcelData[row_index][column_index]%

Yes, and you can also substitute column headers into the column index.

%ExcelData[5]["Fulll Name"]%

Login or Signup to post a comment