Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Hold Key Down For Certain Mount Of Time

If I want to hold a key down, a,b,c or d for example, how would I do that?.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply Sam.

Please note that there is no way to keep a button pressed with the "Send Keys" action.

The only buttons that you can keep pressed, are the modifier button, such as CTRL, ALT etc., with the action "Press/Release Key".

Only the ctrl,alt, shift keys can be held down and the mouse left, right buttons can be held down.

Then the software is a pile of old shit.

ADMIN

Hello Sam,

Could you please provide us with a bit more information on what exactly you are trying to do?

Yes sure, I am running a windows application called Remote Play. A streaming application by Sony for the Sony Playstation. When the window is focused, no keys get injected into the program, this is an issue with Winautomation which presses and releases the keys too quickly. I have another Automation program which had the same problem, however unlike Winautomation I was able to script it to HOLD each Key press for 500 milliseconds which counteracted the key acceleration.

Unless there's a work around via a dll file or some other method the program for all its bells and whistles is of no use to me.

Regards,

Sam

ADMIN
Answer

Thank you for your reply Sam.

Please note that there is no way to keep a button pressed with the "Send Keys" action.

The only buttons that you can keep pressed, are the modifier button, such as CTRL, ALT etc., with the action "Press/Release Key".

Login or Signup to post a comment