Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Scheduling a recurring schedule

I am curious to know if anyone has figured out how to schedule a Recurring schedule.

Twice a week I have to manually select the recurring schedule for a Process that I created.  This fires a scrape of a auction site I participate in to capture closing prices. 

I would like to automation this seeing as it starts on the same says of the week.  IF anyone has had luck scheduling this with Windows tasks and or Triggers.  Please help me out.

Best Answer

Hi Lane,

You indicated you needed an example.   You can do an Import of the Attached - Robot processing example, for what you wish to accomplish.

waj

ADMIN

Hi Lane,

As I understand, you would like to schedule your Process to run twice a week and recur every given time.

In WinAutomation , we could schedule the Process to run twice a week (Schedule Type - Weekly) and assuming it recurs every hour by using the Add Time Option while creating a Schedule for a Process in the Scheduler Tab. Please find the screenshot attached below.

I hope you find this helpful.

Preeti,

I did think of that and have use this however the recurring function I run fires every 3 minutes.Just makes it more complicated and listing all the times sure would not be an issue I just do not think that is how the software was designed.  Thanks for the idea, I will try it out.

Lane

Hello Lane, Another method is to create a loop to go back to the top of the bot process with a wait action of 3 minutes ( 180 seconds). Schrdule the process to run on the days you need from scheduler trigger. TOP: My process steps . . Wait 180 seconds Goto TOP

Joe,

I tried it but failed.  Not sure what command to use to attempt.  Any assistance is appreciated.

For time limit, use: Set %endtime% = 3:00 pm Convert %Endtime% to Datetime and store into %Endtime_DateTime% Repeat: If %CurrentDateTime% >= %EndTime_DateTime% Stop process action End If Wait 180 seconds Goto Repeat
ADMIN

Hi Joseph,

Thank You for the alternate approach. 

This was one of the approach I would've suggested too.

Regards,

Preeti

Answer

Hi Lane,

You indicated you needed an example.   You can do an Import of the Attached - Robot processing example, for what you wish to accomplish.

waj

Joe,

Sorry I tried to import the WAJ and it states that I can not do it.  States that is was exported from WinAutiomation with Edition ProfessionalPlus. I guess just because I Paid for Professional is not good enough.  How can I inspect this then to see what you did?  

This should be a FEATURE to export for use in a different edition.

Lane

ADMIN

Hi Lane,

You should be able to import the attached process, exported from basic edition - version 8.0.4.5343

waj
Login or Signup to post a comment