Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Error write on excel

Sorry i am beginner and dont share tricks (yet!).

I work with excel 2007 and very often it do not close correctly/completely so reopen it create all the time error. It says something like "Cannot write on excel etc..."

How to do with please ?

Best Answer

Hi Khampol!!

I would suggest you to use the Excel Specific Actions provided in the Process Designer in order to Launch/Save/Close Excel.

Please find the image for reference attached below.

As the 1st line of your robot process, Add action - Terminate Process:  Excel.exe

Ok for the suggestion (for me Terminate Process:  Excel without exe works better. )

I have another issue with that now : When I test it in Process Designer it works well. But if i launch with the main console i still have sometime error.... I really dont get. I restart my machine several time but same result.... I am confused about it.

Yes, your correct, terminate action should be without extension. Also, make sure you are using close excel instance at end of your process.
ADMIN
Answer

Hi Khampol!!

I would suggest you to use the Excel Specific Actions provided in the Process Designer in order to Launch/Save/Close Excel.

Please find the image for reference attached below.

Hello Preeti,

This is exactly i do. Since I work with CSV (and not XLSX) + Wait 2sec all is ok.

Thank you for advice :)

Yes, it makes sense that you need ti wait 2 seconds for csv file to be convert in to excel worksheet format by Excel, before the Excel actions have the loaded worksheet of data to execute against

Personally, I always convert CSV, first to XLSX file and then launch the XLSX file to process, then you will not need to add any wait time.

Login or Signup to post a comment