Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Error write on excel

Sorry i am beginner and dont share tricks (yet!).

I work with excel 2007 and very often it do not close correctly/completely so reopen it create all the time error. It says something like "Cannot write on excel etc..."

How to do with please ?

Best Answer

Hi Khampol!!

I would suggest you to use the Excel Specific Actions provided in the Process Designer in order to Launch/Save/Close Excel.

Please find the image for reference attached below.

ADMIN
Answer

Hi Khampol!!

I would suggest you to use the Excel Specific Actions provided in the Process Designer in order to Launch/Save/Close Excel.

Please find the image for reference attached below.

Hello Preeti,

This is exactly i do. Since I work with CSV (and not XLSX) + Wait 2sec all is ok.

Thank you for advice :)

Yes, it makes sense that you need ti wait 2 seconds for csv file to be convert in to excel worksheet format by Excel, before the Excel actions have the loaded worksheet of data to execute against

Personally, I always convert CSV, first to XLSX file and then launch the XLSX file to process, then you will not need to add any wait time.

As the 1st line of your robot process, Add action - Terminate Process:  Excel.exe

Ok for the suggestion (for me Terminate Process:  Excel without exe works better. )

I have another issue with that now : When I test it in Process Designer it works well. But if i launch with the main console i still have sometime error.... I really dont get. I restart my machine several time but same result.... I am confused about it.

Yes, your correct, terminate action should be without extension. Also, make sure you are using close excel instance at end of your process.
Login or Signup to post a comment