Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

If Screen (Portion of Screen) Changes

I know there are triggers related to the screen matching or containing a certain image. However, is there a trigger for monitoring a portion of the screen and executing an action when the screen changes in any way from how it was?

Best Answer

Hello Justin,

Regarding your inquiry, please note that we cannot monitor an area of the screen to detect any change that might happen.

We can monitor an area to detect if it will change from one state to another, specified, state by using the "If Image" conditional.

If we want to monitor an area to detect and and all changes that might happen, then we would need to use a third party tool as Roberto suggested above.

Maybe you can do a workaround.

My idea, install the free software irfanview and get a screenshot of your desired area.

pathto\i_view64.exe /capture=7(0,0,200,200) /convert?=initialfile.png

with a timer, grab a second capture and compare it running a dos command:

fc E:\image\initialfile.png E:\image\secondfile.png /b

you will get the result on %CommandExitCode%

0 - identical

1- different

Here you have a quick test.

You can see the initial region and the one that triggered the change (in this case moving the mouse to that area).

check.png
(54.8 KB)
ADMIN
Answer

Hello Justin,

Regarding your inquiry, please note that we cannot monitor an area of the screen to detect any change that might happen.

We can monitor an area to detect if it will change from one state to another, specified, state by using the "If Image" conditional.

If we want to monitor an area to detect and and all changes that might happen, then we would need to use a third party tool as Roberto suggested above.

Login or Signup to post a comment