Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Set dropdown item in a Webapp in Dynamics

Hi!! I am developing a automation and I am not totally stuck, but I not doing good practices. First sorry for my english, I am not english native.

Its a web app made on Dynamics, and it has a "Dropdown list" that I cant set a value using actions (I did it with send keys, but isnt 100% trustworth).

Let me explain with Images. 

This is the "dropdown"

This is what can be found inspecting that first field:

This is what can be found inspecting the item in the list:

I dont have knowledge in javascript and web programming in general, so I dont know if its possible using javascript to set that field.

I tried using clicking but that last list all controls has as unique information a "itemid" not an "id" and with same "class" and didnt work.

If anyone know how, or need more information please reply.
thanks in advance

Best Answer

OK, i think I made it work... I edited the selector in custom mode for it step (think in use click action) and changed all class for itemid in all tags.

Like that:

iframe[id="contentIFrame1"] div[id="subjectid_treediv"] > div[class="jstree-wholerow"] > ul[class="jstree-no-dots jstree-no-icons"] > li[itemid="13bedc19-29e1-e811-a974-000d3ac1b8d2"] > ul > li[itemid="dc4dd23e-29e1-e811-a974-000d3ac1b8d2"] > a

1 Comment

Answer

OK, i think I made it work... I edited the selector in custom mode for it step (think in use click action) and changed all class for itemid in all tags.

Like that:

iframe[id="contentIFrame1"] div[id="subjectid_treediv"] > div[class="jstree-wholerow"] > ul[class="jstree-no-dots jstree-no-icons"] > li[itemid="13bedc19-29e1-e811-a974-000d3ac1b8d2"] > ul > li[itemid="dc4dd23e-29e1-e811-a974-000d3ac1b8d2"] > a

Login or Signup to post a comment