Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Question : Is it possible to edit process in pure text ?

Hi,

All is on the topic. Edit process in an edit like "Ultraedit" would be great, especially if you have a lot to do!

Best Answer
No, winautomation is only visual drag an drop. When you use copy / paste of actions, rename variables, it is very fast to build.

Answer
No, winautomation is only visual drag an drop. When you use copy / paste of actions, rename variables, it is very fast to build.

you know when you have more than 1000 lines of script..... "Find and replace" you know ? ...... 

Have you tried the features of:

1. Find all lines using a variable

2. Rename a variable.

3. Find Text string.

4. Find usage of a function

Rename Function also available.

When I said Find and Replace, this mean in the script of the programm Winautomation itself.

If then do you have a exemple or a tuto i could se ?

I have forget something and have to find and replace it by VAR in like 150 times..... You know now why i need a text pure editor..... 

I am not sure which of the below you asking about ....

1.  If you mean a selective find and replace in designer where after finding a text or variable in action statements  it prompts you to decide to replace or not, then this feature in designer does not exist.

... So, you can request this as a new feature to be added in the Features Request Forum.

2.  If instead you mean find and replace a string in a Text File, then this exists with the Replace action where you van supply regular expressions.

P.S.  If you need use a section of actions changing the values of its input variables used in the actions, then place the actions in a common callable Function and set the variables values before calling the function.

Always better to spend time planning upfront breaking script into functions for ease of flexibility and maintenance.

oh yeah...but sometimes "mistake"... "forget".... can happen. 

At least if the program have function Find and replace instead of ONLY find ..... :-////

You should post your request for Selective - Find and Replace feature in the "Features Request" thread/forum.
Login or Signup to post a comment