Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Controlling run of multiple processes

Hi,

I have a requirement where if one process is running, other process should be queued and run after previous process completed. How can I achieve this?  Any ideas/ code developed for this?

Best Answer

For ProcessRobot, you can configure the concurrency policy for the Robot (Sidebot/Policy).

For WinAutomation, I would suggest to have a look at the WinAutomationController feature.

You can find more information by navigating to the "Advanced Topics > Controlling WinAutomation from the command line" section of the WinAutomation Help File.

Maybe the Start Process action?

ADMIN
Answer

For ProcessRobot, you can configure the concurrency policy for the Robot (Sidebot/Policy).

For WinAutomation, I would suggest to have a look at the WinAutomationController feature.

You can find more information by navigating to the "Advanced Topics > Controlling WinAutomation from the command line" section of the WinAutomation Help File.

For winautomation, you could use Lock Handle on a name string like "processexecute" ( or whatever common lock name you want to use) to single-thread one process after another.
Login or Signup to post a comment