Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Screenshot

I'm trying to capture a screenshot if/when I get an error and at the finish of a function so that I can send it in an email. I'm trying to save the screenshot to a file but am getting an error saving (A generic error occurred in GDI+). I'm looking for advice on how to either save the image and/or how to use the image with the clipboard and send the image in an email at the end of the process. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Best Answer

Hello Nethan,

In case of an error (not an exception), you can use the option "Send Email" while attaching a screenshot, in the error handling tab.

In case of an exception, however,  you could run a function, in which you can use the "Take Screenshot" action and save the screenshot to a file. Afterwards, use the "Send email" action and attach that file. 

Finally, in case you actually are following the above approach and you receive the error that you mentioned, then please consider creating a new support ticket and our team will assist you accordingly. Have in mind that only users with an active SAP (Software Assurance Plan) subscription are eligible for our support services.

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Nethan,

In case of an error (not an exception), you can use the option "Send Email" while attaching a screenshot, in the error handling tab.

In case of an exception, however,  you could run a function, in which you can use the "Take Screenshot" action and save the screenshot to a file. Afterwards, use the "Send email" action and attach that file. 

Finally, in case you actually are following the above approach and you receive the error that you mentioned, then please consider creating a new support ticket and our team will assist you accordingly. Have in mind that only users with an active SAP (Software Assurance Plan) subscription are eligible for our support services.

Login or Signup to post a comment