Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Upload files without opening file dialog

Hi there,

I have several bots that include the process of uploading of a file to a website. The way that I've had to set it up was to push the "upload" button, get the file dialog window, insert the path of the file (saved as variable) and then click open.

As this uses a UI-element (the window), I can't minimize my browser while using this bots. It's also not very efficient.

That's why I'm looking for a way to circumvent the opening of the file dialog. I'm using browser macros that can do this, so I'm sure that it's possible. Unfortunately, I don't know any coding and am fairly new to WA.

Does anyone have any tipps to achieve this? Shouldn't be very hard, right? Just to clarify/sum up: I want an action in my bot(s) where WA can send directly the file of the path after hitting the "upload" button. Also, I'm using WA 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Cheers

Best Answer

If you want to save some actions, you might be able to use Populate Text Field on Web Page directly on the <input:file> element.

Anyone..?

ADMIN

Hi,

Generally speaking, if something can be done manually, then it can be automated as well. 

For this particular case, if the only option to upload a file is through that dialog window then there is not much we can do.

Answer

If you want to save some actions, you might be able to use Populate Text Field on Web Page directly on the <input:file> element.

1 person likes this

Thanks! That surely seems to make it more direct. However, there's still this popup coming up. Is there a way to prevent/circumvent this? 

Or are there any other ways how to be able to keep the browser/automations in the background?

In any case, thanks a lot for the tip!

Just saw that the newer versions of WA have an "execute JS funtion" action.

Wouldn't it be possible to achieve the file upload with that?

I tried going that way. Was not able to find a solution :)

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment