Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

List View in desktop application

Hi all.

I am a newbie of winautomation.
The my question is the follow.

I have a desktop application with a dynamic ListView of element, for example a list of states:

Italy
Spain
England

How do I find the list item that interests me and click on it?
The elements are not always the same, so they can change position.

Best regards, 

Marco

Best Answer

Hi,

When you add a new control in your process, you can inspect the extracted selector of that element by right clicking it within the Controls Repository and selecting the "Manage Selectors" (or simply double click).

Then, click on "Edit" and in the visual selector builder window, you will be able to see the path that the action will follow in order to use that element. You can then modify the selector by enabling (or disabling) certain attributes.

In most cases, you can use the "name" attribute to identify an element by its name. 

For example, in Windows' Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features, there is a list of programs installed on the machine. Adding a control to click on one of the programs, for example, "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016", will create a selector ending with "....[name="Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016"]". By removing any mention of that name from that selector and changing it to a different program, you could click on that instead.

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hi,

When you add a new control in your process, you can inspect the extracted selector of that element by right clicking it within the Controls Repository and selecting the "Manage Selectors" (or simply double click).

Then, click on "Edit" and in the visual selector builder window, you will be able to see the path that the action will follow in order to use that element. You can then modify the selector by enabling (or disabling) certain attributes.

In most cases, you can use the "name" attribute to identify an element by its name. 

For example, in Windows' Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features, there is a list of programs installed on the machine. Adding a control to click on one of the programs, for example, "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016", will create a selector ending with "....[name="Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016"]". By removing any mention of that name from that selector and changing it to a different program, you could click on that instead.

Login or Signup to post a comment