Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Controlling WinAutomation Process

Hi,

I have a requirement where I am controlling WA process from external application. I want to  start /Stop process on demand.   I can see "Run DOS Command"  is one way, please suggest if there is any other effective way.

Best Answer
Yes, having your application execute the winautomationController.exe start\stop command would be one way. You could also havr the application create a file in a folder and use a file trigger to start the wa process. Or have the application send an email and setup an email trigger to start the process. To stop the process, the process would need to be coded to periodically check (e.g. every minute) for creation of a 2nd file (e.g. named stop.txt) or for an email with the word stop (e.g. in subject).
1 Comment

Answer
Yes, having your application execute the winautomationController.exe start\stop command would be one way. You could also havr the application create a file in a folder and use a file trigger to start the wa process. Or have the application send an email and setup an email trigger to start the process. To stop the process, the process would need to be coded to periodically check (e.g. every minute) for creation of a 2nd file (e.g. named stop.txt) or for an email with the word stop (e.g. in subject).
Login or Signup to post a comment