Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Resize/Drag Image on Webpage

Hi,

I'm trying to find a solution for a step in my process where I need to click on an image and drag it (in order to resize it, see screenshot). So far I've only been able to achieve it by using the physical mouse (as per these instructions https://support.softomotive.com/support/discussions/topics/35000008314)

Is there a way to do this so I can keep my browser in the background? Maybe by using the Javascript action?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

gbdrag.png
(32.5 KB)

Best Answer

Hello Lon, 

Please note that if the image is in the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint etc.) you can perform actions such the one you need by executing VBScript.

If the image is in a web browser, you can execute javascript in the document of the web page.

You can learn more about VBScript here and Javascript here.

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Lon, 

Please note that if the image is in the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint etc.) you can perform actions such the one you need by executing VBScript.

If the image is in a web browser, you can execute javascript in the document of the web page.

You can learn more about VBScript here and Javascript here.

Hi Christos,

Thanks for your reply.

I realise that, however the question was how exactly.. For someone who doesn't know javascript, this is quite tricky..

ADMIN
WinAutomation provides the "Drag and drop element in window" in case it could be useful in your situation.

If this does not work for your case, javascript and/or vbscript are the tools you need. Since this is quite a specific inquiry, you will find the information needed in the web. There are a lot of knowledge sources on the internet.

You could also navigate here to a more specific article regarding a possible solution for the issue you are confronting.

Login or Signup to post a comment