Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

"Find usages" for Processes

In the Process Designer, we can right click on variables, functions, and controls and pull up a list of where they are used within the process. It would be really helpful to be able to see where Processes are used in other processes.

As an example, I sent one of my processes to Professional Services, he edited the process, and then when I re-imported it, I had to update all the other processes that pointed to that original process to point to the new one. If I could list what processes were using or pointing to the process I had edited, it would be easier to update them.

Best Answer

Hello Sean, 

You can find the usages of a process within another process by clicking Ctlr+F within the Process Designer. Then insert "Start Process" into the search input cell, click search on specific functions or all functions of the process and then click "Find". On the results pane you will see all the usages of the "Start Process" action and by double clicking on each result you navigate to the corresponding usage of this action that is tied with another process. 

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Sean, 

You can find the usages of a process within another process by clicking Ctlr+F within the Process Designer. Then insert "Start Process" into the search input cell, click search on specific functions or all functions of the process and then click "Find". On the results pane you will see all the usages of the "Start Process" action and by double clicking on each result you navigate to the corresponding usage of this action that is tied with another process. 

You could also build your process as a user library, then you would only need to update the user library. 

Login or Signup to post a comment