Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Copy data from Excel and paste it in an MS Word template

Hello,

I am trying to copy data from an Excel Table and paste it into a template inside MS-Word.

I wanted to check if there is any other options that I have other than writing a VB Script to accomplish the task?

Regards,

Gaurav

Best Answer

Hello Gaurav,

In order to copy-paste data from Excel into Word you can use the Send Keys action. Send Keys with {Control}({C}) will copy the selected Excel cells and with Send Keys {Control}({V}) will paste the table into the active MS Word document. In addition, you will need to Focus the Window in which the Send Keys action will take place (first with the Excel window, then with the Word Window) before sending the key combinations.

You may refer to the below example that selects all contents from the Excel Window and pastes them into Word (provided that both Windows are already open):

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Gaurav,

In order to copy-paste data from Excel into Word you can use the Send Keys action. Send Keys with {Control}({C}) will copy the selected Excel cells and with Send Keys {Control}({V}) will paste the table into the active MS Word document. In addition, you will need to Focus the Window in which the Send Keys action will take place (first with the Excel window, then with the Word Window) before sending the key combinations.

You may refer to the below example that selects all contents from the Excel Window and pastes them into Word (provided that both Windows are already open):

Login or Signup to post a comment