Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic

MS Access SQL String

Hi!  I can't get this to work: https://support.softomotive.com/support/solutions/articles/35000097668-execute-sql-queries-to-microsoft-access

I've downloaded and installed the file and made the connection string exactly what it says it needs to be. It always errors out with the error "The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

Where do I go from here? Thanks!

1 Comment

ADMIN

Hi Laura,

This message is usually displayed when the driver has not been installed or there is a mismatch between the Operating System version and the installed MS Office (specifically running 64 bit OS with 32 bit Office). You may check if this is the case by opening any Office Component such as Word, Excel, etc., clicking on File > Account > About and look for either 32-bit or 64-bit following the MS Office version. If its MS Office is 32-bits and your Windows version is 64 bits, then you will need to uninstall MS Office and reinstall the 64-bit version. This should resolve the conflict (with the message 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.") and you should be able to connect o Access (assuming that the Connection String is correct). 

Login or Signup to post a comment