Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Regular Expression

Hi,

I have gone through some documentation and cheat sheets on "regex". But still I am not able to get it. The problem is I know the tokens separately but I don't knw how to frame it together to parse a word.  Please let me know how to use it.  

Best Answer

Hello Jenice,

Since you're aware of the tokens and have already checked out some regex documentation, you can try  Regex Tester  for framing the expressions.

On this site, just pass the text you want to parse through as input and play around with the regular expression patterns till you get the right one.

It is a helpful site to get the hang regex as such. As you build your expression, you'll see that the corresponding words and characters are highlighted enabling you to frame the right one.

There are some other tools like "Expresso" which are also helpful when starting with regex.

Try it out and play around with it, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Jenice,

Since you're aware of the tokens and have already checked out some regex documentation, you can try  Regex Tester  for framing the expressions.

On this site, just pass the text you want to parse through as input and play around with the regular expression patterns till you get the right one.

It is a helpful site to get the hang regex as such. As you build your expression, you'll see that the corresponding words and characters are highlighted enabling you to frame the right one.

There are some other tools like "Expresso" which are also helpful when starting with regex.

Try it out and play around with it, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Thank you so much. 

Login or Signup to post a comment