Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

API Endpoints

I'm testing Winautomation's ability to become some form of master middleware managing API's.  I have no experience of programming nor APIs, yet last weekend I managed to connect to an API of a piece of software I use to request and send data from and to it - Amazing!- for me it is anyway... so well done Winautomation!

This leads me on to my question.  As I understand it (I'm still learning), there are situations where the API of the software I'm using will make a call to an endpoint that it expects to exist....  Is it possible to receive this sort of request? I suppose as some form of trigger maybe?   

To make the outbound API calls I have used the Invoke Web Service function.  I suppose what I'm looking for is something that works in the opposite way.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Best Answer

Hello David,

Regarding your inquiry, kindly note that this is not supported by our software. As a workaround, you can develop a small process that will send an API call (by using the Invoke Web Service action) and check if the response is the one that should fire the process (like a trigger) and if so, run the secondary process that you wish to get triggered. You can then set a recurring scheduler on this process to make it run repeatedly (every few minutes) but launch the secondary process when the API response is the appropriate one. 

Looking into it further I think what I need is to use an HTTP server to trigger Winautomation in some way.. if it helps clarify my question!

ADMIN
Answer

Hello David,

Regarding your inquiry, kindly note that this is not supported by our software. As a workaround, you can develop a small process that will send an API call (by using the Invoke Web Service action) and check if the response is the one that should fire the process (like a trigger) and if so, run the secondary process that you wish to get triggered. You can then set a recurring scheduler on this process to make it run repeatedly (every few minutes) but launch the secondary process when the API response is the appropriate one. 

Login or Signup to post a comment