Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Terminate Execution

Hi All,

I have one small problem in Process Robot. I want to End Some Process at Particular condition. Also some problem in Completed and Failed.

EX : In if condition (in looping)  is satisfied i want to exit or terminate that whole process. But, it's running and shows some error. Like Process Farcically Terminated and throws an error.

Please, give me a solution to across this problem.

Thanks in Advance ;)

Best Answer

Hello  Gobi, 

It seems that you are using the "Terminate Process" action in order to stop the a ProcessRobot process. This action is used to terminate Windows processes (as they appear in Task Manager).  The proper way to stop a ProcessRobot process within a condition would be to use the "Stop Process" action.

To sum up use:

• Terminate Process: when you want to stop a windows process (eg. "iexplore" for Internet Explorer, "chrome" for Google Chrome, etc.). This action is equivalent to the End task option of Task Manager.

Stop Process: to stop your own process (as in a ProcessRobot or WinAutomation process).

Hope this helps. 

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hello  Gobi, 

It seems that you are using the "Terminate Process" action in order to stop the a ProcessRobot process. This action is used to terminate Windows processes (as they appear in Task Manager).  The proper way to stop a ProcessRobot process within a condition would be to use the "Stop Process" action.

To sum up use:

• Terminate Process: when you want to stop a windows process (eg. "iexplore" for Internet Explorer, "chrome" for Google Chrome, etc.). This action is equivalent to the End task option of Task Manager.

Stop Process: to stop your own process (as in a ProcessRobot or WinAutomation process).

Hope this helps. 

Login or Signup to post a comment