Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

[NEED URGENT DEADLINE HELP] If Web Page Contains text

Okay, I'm new to the software and about at my wit's end trying to figure out how to do this.

I have thousands of names and they come in pairs. I need to verify their address and phone number from a white pages site. The only way to be sure is by checking that the primary name of each set is on the same page as the secondary name of the set which therefore indicates the two people are related, in most cases married.

However, some times their first name on the white pages site is a truncated version (Johnathon to Jon)  from what I have or their middle initial is either there or not and thus making it impossible to know what the entire string is.

I considered using OCR but it's a very long page from top to bottom and it all doesn't fit on the same page. I had simply planned to put ranges and wildcards inside variables and check for the presence of any text in between the names but nothing I'm trying is working so far.

Can I put regex inside a variable and check the page for a presence of that? I've tried but nothings working and I'm just wondering do I have the syntax wrong or what... I don't know, it's getting very frustrating.

I love the software so far but if there's no more sophistication to this particular conditional check I will be highly disappointed.

Best Answer

Hello Chris,

It is not possible to use RegEx in "If web page contains" action.

You can only work with RegEx in actions which have the "Is Regular Expression" option like Parse Text, Replace Text, If Text on Screen etc. actions.

For your use-case, you can try extracting data from the webpage first and then filtering through this data using RegEx.

You can even try using the RegEx inside the Extract data from webpage action itself.

Hope this helps.

1 Comment

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Chris,

It is not possible to use RegEx in "If web page contains" action.

You can only work with RegEx in actions which have the "Is Regular Expression" option like Parse Text, Replace Text, If Text on Screen etc. actions.

For your use-case, you can try extracting data from the webpage first and then filtering through this data using RegEx.

You can even try using the RegEx inside the Extract data from webpage action itself.

Hope this helps.

Login or Signup to post a comment