Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

Datatype on dates in Process Studio and Excel

In the attached process, I insert a date of the format dd-MM-yyyy into a cell in Excel.

When I insert the variable %ddMMyyyy% of the format dd-MM-yyyy into a cell in Excel, then the date converts to the format MM-dd-yyyy.

Can anyone help med with a solution, since it is confusing with the date format MM-dd-yyyy?

prp

Best Answer

Hello Peter, 

After investigation, it seems that there is an issue with Excel 2013, however for newer versions of Excel there is no such issue.

As a workaround, make sure that the type of the Excel cell is Text and in the WinAutomation Process, the DateTime is converted to Text as well. 

Can anyone confirm that the dateformat changes when it is inserted til Excel?

ADMIN

Hello Peter,

Which version of Excel is installed? 

Also, have you tried to change the format of the cell to Text or General instead of Date?

I got Excel 2013. And yes I have tried for change the format of the cells in Excel.

Now it looks like there is only a problem with the format of the dates if the day is less than 10.

That means that 17-03-2020 will be inserted correctly. the date 05-03-2020 will be inserted as 03-05-2020.

Please look at the process attached.

prp

Correction, There is a problem with the for format of the dates when dd <= 12.

Do you have the time to look at this issue?

ADMIN
Answer

Hello Peter, 

After investigation, it seems that there is an issue with Excel 2013, however for newer versions of Excel there is no such issue.

As a workaround, make sure that the type of the Excel cell is Text and in the WinAutomation Process, the DateTime is converted to Text as well. 

Thank you. It is working

Login or Signup to post a comment