Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic

Multiple WinAutomation licenses in Windows Server 2016

Hello.

I have a windows server machine, it has Terminal Services, so many users can connect to it.

Is it possible to configure WinAutomation so each user has its own winautomation license? I have the understanding that license is stored/configured in windows registry for the local user so I suppose it is possible.

ADMIN

Hello,

are you referring to WinAutomation Console or to the WinAutomation Executables?

Thanks.

Could you please explain the difference? I got a little confused.

My idea is to allow each user to create and run bots in their own account.

ADMIN

Hello Herrera, 

WinAutomation Executables are compiled executable files that created from WinAutomation Console, however can be executed on target machines which do not have WinAutomation Console installed. The main differences are referring to Triggers and schedules and can be summarized on the below:

The  Triggers and schedules are a functionality that WinAutomation offers, and they only run from within the WinAutomation Services, therefore WinAutomation must be installed. So, once processes have been compiled, they are no longer part of WinAutomation and therefore could not be associated with a trigger or a schedule. Any other process properties will not be carried with the .exe in the same manner as above, while they are part of the WinAutomation console and not the process per se. For example, “Secure Screen” or password protection functionality, global error handling.

To which of the above are you referring?  

Hello. That was a very good explanation. I didn't know the executables could be run in a machine without the Console installed.

My orignal question was regarding the WinAutomation Services: I want every windows user to login to the server, open the console, and create and run bots. But my concern is: I want every one of them to have their own license.

Login or Signup to post a comment