Support Portal

for ProcessRobot and WinAutomation

Start a new topic
Answered

WinAutomation and Citrix

Hello,

I've faced one problem connected with automation of one  process based on ERP application iScala, the problem is the connection to the appication is from a citrix connection (I need to log into a citrix vm and than use the iScala platform from the VM). In entire process I just need to perform few clicks and keyboard actions.

The Problem is that when iScala application is launched and user is logged in, WinAutomation can't recognize any elements inside the application.

Does anyone had similar issue like descibed above?? How I can solve this issue?

Thanks for help in advance!

Regards,

Grzegorz

Best Answer

Citrix, like RDP, presents back to you session, only bitmap image of the controls and keystrokes.  You do not have access to the controls in a Citrix application,

For Citrix Application, You can only use image actions and send keystrokes.

If Field label literal is to left of data field ....

1. Use Move Mouse Image and take Image of Label to left of Field - set tick tac toe grid to rightmost and/or offset adjustment number to position mouse pointer on top of text box.

2. Send Left Click to click into Text field box.

3,.Send Keys actions to type your data into the Text Box.

Note:  If you need to extract data from the Text box field, you will need to highlight the contents (send keys - CTRL+Home. Shift+End) of the text Box field, issue Send Keys CTRL-C to copy to clipboard and the winautomation retrieve from clipboard action to retrieve the data.

1 Comment

Answer

Citrix, like RDP, presents back to you session, only bitmap image of the controls and keystrokes.  You do not have access to the controls in a Citrix application,

For Citrix Application, You can only use image actions and send keystrokes.

If Field label literal is to left of data field ....

1. Use Move Mouse Image and take Image of Label to left of Field - set tick tac toe grid to rightmost and/or offset adjustment number to position mouse pointer on top of text box.

2. Send Left Click to click into Text field box.

3,.Send Keys actions to type your data into the Text Box.

Note:  If you need to extract data from the Text box field, you will need to highlight the contents (send keys - CTRL+Home. Shift+End) of the text Box field, issue Send Keys CTRL-C to copy to clipboard and the winautomation retrieve from clipboard action to retrieve the data.

Login or Signup to post a comment