In order for WinAutomation’s ‘AutoLogin’ feature to work properly, there are some predetermined settings that need to be in place, as follows:
· The password of the user that is currently logged on to the machine with, under whose account the robots are supposed to auto-login, needs to be provided in the WinAutomation Console, under “Options > Authentication > Login Password”.
· In the Console’s Options tab, the option “Start Service Automatically on System Startup” needs to be checked under the General tab.
· The properties of the robot under the ‘Run Policy’ tab should look like the screenshot below. To access the robot’s properties, the user should right click on it and select the relevant option.
In case the machine on which the AutoLogin feature is attempted is a server machine, no other user should be connected at the time the robot starts, although when other users are indeed logged in, then WinAutomation takes into account the following option.
· In case the CTRL+ALT+DEL keyboard combination is normally required to log in, it should be disabled from the ‘Local Group Policy Editor’. The relative window can be opened by typing ‘gpedit.msc’ and making the following option ENABLED.
· In the same window as above (Local Group Policy Editor), the user or the user’s groups should be added into the ‘Allow log on locally’ policy.