1. Do I have to go through the installation on each and every machine that is hosting a ProcessRobot Component?
Yes. Note that silent installation is also supported.
2. Do I need to upgrade my license, when installing a new ProcessRobot Version?
ProcessRobot versions are represented as follows:
A.B.C.D like 2018.1.2.3251
In every change of A or B, you will need a new license.
In every change of C or D, you will not need a new license.
Contact your Account Manager in order to be provided with a new license, if you need one.
3. Do I have to take a backup of my database upon upgrading?
ProcessRobot, automatically takes a backup of your PR Database for you upon upgrade and keeps it in
4. Where can I find the connection string that is used upon upgrading the ProcessRobot Server?
It is encrypted and stored into "C:\Program Files\ProcessRobot\Server\AppConnectionString.config" on the machine that hosts the ProcessRobot Server.
5. Where can I find the config file that targets the ProcessRobot Server on the Client Tools machines?
The default full path of the config file is:
"C:\Program Files\ProcessRobot\Server\AppServerAddress.config" on the machine that hosts the ProcessRobot Server and any of the Client Tools.
7. Will all my processes be running with no issue? Are they going to be affected in any way from the upgrade?
All your processes will run fine and the upgrading will not affect them in any way.