Excel files consists of one or more Worksheets. A Worksheet can be treated as an SQL Table.
Verify that any one of the below drivers are installed on your machine. If not, install one of them through the links below.
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable
- Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- In the "Set Variable" Action, set the file's Full Path accordingly.
- In the "Open SQL Connection" Action, the following "Connection String" can be used
Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=%FullPath_ExcelFile%;Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES";
- In the "Execute SQL Statement" Action, Queries can be performed, such as the "SELECT", the "INSERT INTO" and the "UPDATE".
- Close the SQL Connection after the Statements have been executed, via the "Close SQL Connection" Action.
An example can be found here.