The following settings should be in place for the auto-login functionality.
1. The Username and Password of a user should be provided in ProcessRobot Control Desk > Settings > Robots > Solobots > Edit > Auto Login.
2. Go to the Solobot machine, open services.msc and make sure that the ProcessRobot Solobot Service is up and running.
3. On the Solobot machine, make sure that the Solobot Agent is up and running (Solobot icon in the system tray). If not, double click on the Solobot shortcut to start it.
After following the above steps, check the auto-login functionality. Only in case the auto-login does not work, go on with the rest on the Solobot machine.
4. In case the CTRL+ALT+DEL keyboard combination is normally required for a user to manually log in, then make the following changes.
- Open Local Group Policy Editor and go to "Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive logon: Do not require CTRL+ALT+DEL".
- Set the option to ENABLED.
5. Open Local Group Policy Editor and go to "Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Allow log on locally".
Both the specific User that performs the autologin and the user’s Group should be added into the "Allow log on locally" policy.
6. Open Local Group Policy Editor and go to "Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Logon Options > Disable or enable software Secure Attention Sequence".
Enable the “Secure Attention Sequence” Policy” setting the “Services” as the Option
7. Go to "C:\Windows\System32" and check if the "PRCP.dll" exists.
In case it is absent, it should be copied to the directory from another Solobot machine (same bit -32 or 64) that already has it.
Note: Contact us in case you do not have any other Solobot installation and you cannot find the file.
In case the above does not resolve the issue, there is a chance that the file is not even registered in the registry of the machine. So, we would also need to register it. This article has some useful information on how to register a file.
It is important to acknowledge that this step is performed at your own risk.