In case the Robot is no longer able to interact with a JAVA based application after a JAVA upgrade, then follow the steps below in order to resolve the issue:
- Close any open WinAutomation/ProcessRobot component and any open JAVA app.
- Uninstall JAVA from your machine.
- Go to "C:\Windows\System32" and delete all the dlls (.dll files) that their name contains the word WindowsAccessBridge, in case there are any.
- Install 64-bit and 32-bit JAVA from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (Windows Offline (64-bit) and Windows Offline)
- Either both WinAutomation/Robot and the JAVA app should be running as admin, or none.
- You may need to recapture the JAVA controls if they are not working.