“Connecting to server. Stand by ...” message in PR client tools.
Go to "Services.msc" on your machine and check if the ProcessRobot Server service is running.
1st case – Service is stopped
- Restart the service
- If it starts successfully, the issue should be resolved.
- If it is not able to start, it may through a warning like the following:
Follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Event Viewer and go to “Windows Logs> Application”. Check for errors at the time that you try to start ProcessRobot Server service. In case of a “Master Key is invalid” error, check the solution described here.
- Go to "C:\ProgramData\Softomotive\ProcessRobot\DatabaseUpgrader.log" and check for any clue about the culprit of the issue.
If the above steps do not give you a hint about the cause of the issue, check if the issue persists after following each one of the steps below:
- Go to "C:\Program Files\ProcessRobot\Server\AppServerIP.config". Confirm that the value is correct. It should contain the name or the IP address of the machine that hosts the PR Server.
- Go to "C:\Program Files\ProcessRobot\Server\AppServerIP.config" and enter the IP address of the PR Server’s host machine, instead of the name. If the IP is already there, enter the machine name.
- Reinstall the PR Server and make sure that all the values of the Connection String are correct. Check one by one the
- User ID
- Initial Catalog
- Data Source
- Make sure that the database has been set up correctly, by checking one by one the steps mentioned in the ProcessRobot Help File.
- If the PR Server and the SQL server are hosted in different machines, verify the connection of these machines. Check if the machines can ping one another and allow them to communicate through the firewall.
2nd case – Service does not exist at all
Open cmd as an administrator and execute the following command:
- sc create "ProcessRobot Server" binpath="C:\Program Files\ProcessRobot\Server\ProcessRobot.Server.exe" displayname="ProcessRobot Server" start=auto
Modify the binpath's value accordingly, depending on the installation folder.